If you are thinking about maximizing the space in your home you may have already thought about building a second story. However it is a process which requires careful thought and deliberation. The following advice from the experts is going to come in useful.
Tips from the experts at second story extension Brisbane
- It is best to have the plan of your home extension drafted. With a professional plan in hand you can be assured that the design is going to be structurally sound. Having all the ideas down on paper would allow you as a homeowner to see what is actually achievable. You might need the services of an architect to produce the design. In case you have a limited floor plan you may need additional guidance from the architect.
- It is also important to find out whether your first floor is structurally sound to have a second floor built on it. The foundations and the roof of your home should be sturdy and durable. You might also need to consider whether a stay away can be added to it.
- When you are extending your home of words it means that you are adding additional weight to the existing structure of your home. this is why it is essential to know whether your home would be able to take the pressure and the extra weight. For this you might even meet an assessment taken by an engineer.
- Make sure that you speak to different contractors and builders and get written quotes. This way you will be able to find out which contractor is going to be the right choice for you. Don’t forget to ask them questions regarding their building methods and whether they are free to take on a new project. Also make sure that you have seen examples of the past work and check for references.
- When you are thinking about building and other story you may need approval from the local council. It is important that your home should comply with the zoning regulations and should be built according to the neighborhood plan. If your home is within a fire flood or a cyclones own you might need to comply with other building standards as well. Once the design has been finalized it is important that you seek the approval from the council certifier.
- It should be kept in mind that an extension can take anywhere from 3 to 4 months. It is essential that you find another place to stay while your home is being renovated.
When it comes to an upward extension of your home you may need to consider a lot of things the above in just a few of those. However with proper planning and hiring the right builder you would be able to design a second story without a great deal of stress. Your builder would be responsible for linking the electrical wiring, the plumbing as well as the sewerage lines to the upstairs level.
For more information make sure that you talk to your local contractor today regarding second story extensions.